Monday, January 26, 2009

Yard Sale Anyone?


Thanks to the fact that my neighbor has had multiple yard sales in her front yard my kids are familiar with the concept. I came outside the other day to see that my kids had loaded our front grass with a bunch of random things. When I asked them what they were doing, Treyson said they were having a yard sale. Ashten then said that they needed to get rid of "all this junk". I thought it was so funny to see all the things they gathered together from our garage to have in their yard sale. Eventually I made them clean it all up and I don't think it was as fun to take care of it as is was to collect it in their bucket the first time. So if anyone is interested in any of the items pictured, my kids might be willing to let them go. That is for the right price of course.









14 comments:

Lyndy Staheli said...

That is so funny. I'm sure they thought it was a great idea and were so excited. Wow I can't believe how good your grass looks. I wish we could keep ours looking nice all winter long too.

Kristi said...

How cute is that! I think they are so dang cute, I just want to eat them, ha ha... I used to have yard sales with my sister when we were little and of course nobody ever came.

Talen and Amber said...

That totally sounds like something they would do! It's so cute! As long as it keeps them busy, huh?!?

Talen and Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Talen and Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Talen and Amber said...

Oops...I totally just left a bunch of the same comment:) Sorry!!

Anonymous said...

That is too cute! At least you know you won't have a problem getting rid of the stuff when the time is really right!

Anonymous said...

That is too cute! At least you know you won't have a problem getting rid of the stuff when the time is really right!

Libby said...

How funny! My kids have no idea what a yard sale is, but ever since I sold some of their toys on Craig's List, they constantly ask me if I am going to sell their things again.

Ashten looks so cute in her pigtails! We need to have another play date!

Me said...

kids are so cool! At least they didn't haul out all your stuff to sale!! That's what happens at my house when we get rid of junk it always happens that only my stuff is junk!

brandonandstephaniegoble.blogspot.com said...

That is so funny. kids do some of the funniest things. I have to admit I was a little jealous when I saw all that green grass under them. I would give anything for that about now.

shaunelle said...

thats cute. I bet they would have made a bunch of money on all their stuff.

Kourtney said...

Your kids are so creative! I really need to have a yard sale so you need to bring your kids over and they can help!

Chelsea Johnson said...

That is hilarious! You should make some money off them, if they're that willing!

I'm excited for this weekend! Hope you and Kourt are having fun at work!