Monday, May 30, 2011

Finish Line or Bust!

Last weekend I ran a midnight 5K with my mom, aunt, and sister. I have been wanting to do one for a long time, but never thought I could. My sister called me a week before the race and asked if I wanted them to sign me up. I nearly had a panic attack because it only gave me one week to train, but I told them "yes" anyway. I ran with my friend every morning for the week and was excited, but also really nervous for the real thing. I was afraid I would need medical assistance.


The run was awesome. They had over 700 participants and everyone ran with glow sticks around them. I felt really good while I was running and I did a lot better than I anticipated. I am really proud of myself for doing it and we are even looking at running another before the summer is over. Hopefully my time will even improve with more than seven days of training.

5 comments:

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

That is so great! I really wanted to run that race but it obviously didn't work out. Anytime you need someone to run with I am there! I just ran my first 3 mile run today for my marathon training. 18 weeks until the big day! Great job on the run!!

Brittney said...

panic attack, medical aid? hahahaha yeah right. Good job!

Phillip and Braidy Davidson said...

I think it's a lot more fun to do something like that with family. Good job for doing something a little out of your comfort zone!

Melissa (Wallick) Larson said...

you finally came over to the dark side of running. Now you are going to be addicted to racing and you can never turn back. Now you have to run one with me.

Lyndy Staheli said...

Way to good. That's so fun you were able to run with everyone. I haven't been running in years.