Sunday, May 4, 2008

Summer is here!

I think summer is practically here and I have mixed feelings about it. I am excited for the water fun that we have only when it's hot, but I'm not sure I'm ready for it to be 120 degrees and feeling like a walrus because I'm still pregnant. Hopefully it won't be too unbearable. Yesterday was a pretty nice day so I took the kids to a splash pad to play. They were so excited and it only took Treyson about ten seconds to run through the middle (no surprise). Ashten took a little longer to become sure about the environment, but she caught on quickly and had just as much fun. I just sat on the side and luckily it wasn't too hot that I melted. I'm sure in a couple of weeks I won't be able to sit on the side without having to get wet. During the dead of the summer these cool little splash pads are the only things that help us survive the heat. I don't know why it took St. George so long to build them.

10 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

Get freaking cuter, Ashten's swimming suit! That's why I've GOT to have a girl at some point! And you are about the farthest thing from being a walrus. It looks like it was lots of fun, Jack and I need to join you next time though.

jaesi said...

okay, I had that swimsuit in my cart and then at the last second put it back.....IT LOOKS SO CUTE ON HER!
I must make a trip back to target to purchase....

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

I love splash pads and wish they would build a couple in Hurricane! I love, love her swimsuit. I just bought a green one but love that pink one. Hope you don't mind if I copy you. Hey see you tonight at work!! And you don't look like a walrus just a hot mamma with a basketball in her shirt!

Stacy and Mike said...

LOVE your adorable children!!! Can't wait till you have another darling one to add to the mix! I am coming down for my sister Mandy's graduation...we should get together with everyone and play in the water!

Unknown said...

I'm with you on the St. George summers being terrible when you are pregnant! However, it sure looks like fun down there right now! Your kids are adorable and it looks like they are having so much fun. Mine are both chickens and would probably cry if someone splashed water on them from 10' away. They better get over it quick!

shaunelle said...

it looks like they had a blast playing in the water. so i could not log on to my blog but i think i finally made it on.

Lonnie and Shelby said...

Those pictures are so cute of the kids. I have not even heard of those splash pads. I am sure that the kids had a blast. That is awesome everyone was there for the walk and your uncle loved the support.

Stevenson Stories said...

Your kids are so dang cute! And no wonder you are so tan... you get to hang out with your kids in the sun a lot! You are such a cute mom!

Heather B said...

THAT SWIMSUIT IS THE CUTEST! lOOKS SO FUN!

brandonandstephaniegoble.blogspot.com said...

Brandons mom took Riley to one of those splash pads last summer when he was in st. george. She said he wasn't quite sure what to think-we are coming this weekend and she wants to take both the kiddies to one so we will see how that goes. As always your kiddies are adorable. Take care & if I have time I will give you a jingle this weekend. Steph