Thursday, September 4, 2008

Picnic in Pine Valley

Last weekend we decided to head up to Pine Valley for the day. We wanted to escape from the heat and have a little picnic. It was such a fun time. The kids had a blast playing in the water, even though it was so cold that it froze their feet, and Jared and I loved how cool it felt. Traxton did what he usually does when we go on outings...sleep. He has actually spent a lot of time in the little sling this summer and I am so glad that he likes it so much.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Lyndy Staheli said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time. Your kids are looking so much older. If you want to get out of the heat you need to come up to Wyoming, we are in pants and sweatshirts most days. I am not looking forward for another long winter.

shaunelle said...

I'm glad the weather was nice for you guys. Your pictures of the butterfly, plant, etc were good pictures. (so were the other ones too.)

Trevor and Katie said...

Pine Valley is always a fun place to go. It is nice to get out of the heat once in a while too.

Anonymous said...

Cute pics of your darling kids. I loved going up there as a kid and playing in the water. Glad the baby handles it well.

Staci said...

Mandy, can I just tell you that you are such a beautiful and fun mom? You seriously inspire me. Thanks!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Those pictures are all so cute! I especially love the first one where they are both holding Jared's hands. I'll bet it felt great to be in the cool weather, hopefully its just around the corner....

Unknown said...

Looks nice and relaxing. I need to do stuff like that more.

Stacy and Mike said...

glad to know the weather is still good, we are going to be up there camping on Friday
night...brrrr...anyways, as always you look great and your kids are darling! Glad you had a fun time!

Lonnie and Shelby said...

What a fun trip to pine valley! I am jealous that you got to see mountains, cuz there are none in Texas that is for sure. Ut has sand dunes that are bigger then what they called "mountains". Hope all is well for you and the family!