Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas celebrations!

We had such a good, busy Christmas holiday that I am both happy and sad to have it over with. I love the Christmas season and the excitement that it brings. I remember counting down the days until Christmas as a child, and even now I find myself anticipating the big day with the same excitement as I did back then. It just seems to keep getting better as my kids get older. Now they get to share the excitement with me.
We got to host our family Christmas Eve party at our house this year, and we all had a really good time. It was a little crazy at times with all the kids. Every year it seems to just get noisier. We even got a surprise call from my brother who's in Argentina. I just hope it didn't make him too homesick to hear all the celebrations going on without him.

The kids getting rides from Grandpa.

All the kids in their new jammies!

I was too anxious to wait for my kids to wake up on their own so I had to get them up at about 7:30. Jared wanted to wait until later, especially since we were up in the night cleaning throw-up out of the carpet. Ashten had some sort of a bug. The kids were so fun to open presents with. Treyson busted through his and was ready to play, while Ashten opened a few and then she would stop to "take a break". I guess next year Santa will have to bring less. Jared's parents came over to see the kids and their presents before we headed over to my parent's house for breakfast and more presents. We spent the day at my parent's visiting and playing a lot of Wii. It was a really fun day and the kids did really well handling all the excitement.

Ashten got her barbies from Santa.

Treyson on his new bike.

Traxton "enjoying" his new stuff.

The rest of our weekend was spent with more family during a reunion with my grandma's family from back east and at my cousins wedding. We had tons of fun, but it is also really nice to have it over with. My kids need a couple of days to recover and get back to our schedule, and so do I.

8 comments:

Tonya and Keith Pate said...

The kids look so adorable in the pj's. looks like you had a wonderful christmas.

Kourtney said...

Looks like Santa did good! I love that you woke your kids up, mine were up at like 6am! But we had to wait for Erik's siblings who didn't show up until 12. I can't wait until they have kids, we won't be showing up until 12 either.

shaunelle said...

We had a really good time. the food was really great. thanks

Chelsea Johnson said...

What a merry christmas you had! Your dad seems just like my dad, giving the kids a ride on his back and being the horse! Hopefully you've been able to recover a little now! You definitely deserve a break after all that party-hosting!

Stevenson Stories said...

What a fun Christmas!!! I loved the pic of grandpa giving the kids a ride. The jammies are also very cute!

Libby said...

Ah man, we should have given you Jack's bike he just grew out of. It is seriously the same bike you bought him! I can't believe they are still making the same exact bike. We bought that for Jack when he was 2!

Your Christmas looks like it was great!

brandonandstephaniegoble.blogspot.com said...

Wow-It looks like you guys had a fun Christmas. I feel the same happy but sad that it is over. Time flies so fast that before you know it we will be doing it all over again. The kids look so cute in their new pjs. Take care!

Trevor and Katie said...

Honestly it was just bearly Thanksgiving and now it is already 2009 I can't believe it. Looks like you guys all had a great Christmas.