Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Trip to the North Pole!

I have been really out of this blogging thing lately; mainly due to the fact that our computer is still out of commission. So much has happened, but I'm going to have to skip most of them. Last weekend we went up to Salt Lake for Jared to attend meetings at the Bee keepers Convention (yes they actually have a convention for that) and also to celebrate Christmas with his family. While we were up there we went up to Heber City to go on the Heber Creeper's Polar Express ride. We went with all Jared's family and the kids had such a fun time together. They had little elves serve chocolate milk and cookies before santa climbed aboard and gave all the kids bells. Ashten has had a lifetime fear of santa, so she didn't even want to get on the train when I told her he would be there. She was really nervous, but she did really well and didn't even cry-which is a big deal where santa is concerned. Afterwards she even talked about how nice he was. I'm really hoping that we are over the fear now. The whole weekend was so much fun and it was great to spend time with all the family.
Getting ready to board the train
All the cousins on Jared's side.

11 comments:

Kourtney said...

I'm glad your family had fun, mine sure did! All those cousins remind me of when I was a kid, I love Christmas!!

Melissa (Wallick) Larson said...

This looks like a lot of fun. I love the fear of Santa. That must be a girl thing because Isabel didn't like him either but Trevor came out ready and willing to sit on Santa.

jaesi said...

You look sooo much like your mom in those pics.

Someday I must go on that....

The Bundys said...

Totally look like your mom in that picture!! And your little guy is looking so chunky in that bottom picture!

The Bundys said...

Totally look like your mom in that picture!! And your little guy is looking so chunky in that bottom picture!

Libby said...

That is funny about Ashten. I hope she is over her fear now! Elise loved Santa last year, but this year she is afraid of him. Go figure!

The polar express looks really fun. I would love to do that sometime.

I'm glad you decided to come last night. It was so much fun playing games afterward. I convinced James about going out next wednesday so I think it is a plan! I'm so excited!

Kristi said...

Hey Mandy, I mean, little miss young one. Don't figure out my age! I was really young when I had Kailyn.... HA HA! Anyways you all look so cute. I realize though that on your way to Heber you drove right by Delta???? I also wanted to tell you the first time Kailyn actually willingly sat on Santa's Lap was at 7 years old, right before I had Morgyn. Ridiculous!!!!!

Chelsea Johnson said...

I'm glad everything went so well. I really want to go to the Polar Express too. Glad I finally got to see you the other night!

Talen and Amber said...

I'm glad you guys had such a good time. We're definitely going to have to take the boys on that one day...I think they would love it!

Tonya and Keith Pate said...

I would be lost if I had all those kids at one time. Lord I think I would just go in my room and lock the door. You are awesome girl.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandy,
It was great talking with you today!! Love your pics how fun to go on the Heber Creeper. I didn't know they turned it into the Polar Express how fun is that!! Coty and I talked about taking the kids to it when it is Thomas the Train. I guess they only do it one weekend out of the whole year but I think that would be fun too!! Anyways, I just thought I would tell you I took pictures from Kylie's party the other night and there was a way cute one of Ashten. I put a little slideshow on our blog so you will have to check it out. I will be happy to email it to you. If you want it just email me chadburnfamily@mac.com. Also I was wondering if you guys would be ok with us putting her picture on our website in the future. Just let me know.