Sunday, June 7, 2009

Branding!

Last weekend we went out to my Grandpa's ranch on the Arizona Strip to brand calves. This is something that I did as a kid every year, but surprisingly my kids have never done it before. We had a great day. The weather was great. Ususally it is so hot and dusty that everyone comes home scorched and covered in dirt, but this time we actually had to run for cover from the rain for a few minutes. The kids had a great time playing and "helping". I think they will want to go every year now.


The kids had to be right there for most of the action.

Traxton and my aunt Margie. She is such a lifesaver. Everytime our kids get sick of their parents or we of them, she steps in and takes them. We don't know what we would do without her.



Traxton and my cousins little boy, Clay. They spent some time together in the back of the truck. One day they will do more playing together and not just sitting next to eachother.

11 comments:

The Bundys said...

How fun! My boys loved helping John with his cows. I love that you have so much family out there helping.

The Bundys said...

How fun! My boys loved helping John with his cows. I love that you have so much family out there helping.

Chelsea Johnson said...

What great memories for you and for your kids to have too! They will love it and probably never forget it!

Trevor and Katie said...

It was lots of fun and really nice weather. I think the kids liked playing together. Thanks for letting Clay play in the truck with Traxton.

Lyndy Staheli said...

So fun! I have so many fun memories of going as a kid. We have taken Jamie out a few years but Mason and Davis have never been. Maybe in a few years we will make it out again.

Kourtney said...

Sounds like you had a great time and started a fun tradition to do every year!

Unknown said...

I remember times like this at my grandpa's farm! Great Times!!!

Kathy Twitchell said...

I remember when I met Jeremy's family i thought..."he tricked me, he is a hick in preppy disguise!" but now I love it and so does Keagan. I love it for a weekend...then I can go back to normal life:) cute pics.

The Bundy Family said...

That looks like you had a good day. Those times with family and those experiences are unforgettable. I am so glad for you to live close to family. Cute family. Can't wait to see you guys at the reunion.

Libby said...

I love taking the kids to things I used to do when I was younger! My kids would have loved doing this for sure...although I'm not so sure about myself.

General Contractors Norfolk said...

Thoughtful blog you have here.