Thursday, May 6, 2010

Truth or Tale?

All the advertisements try their hardest to make you to think that Disneyland is the happiest place on earth. I wanted to know for sure, so this last weekend our family loaded up and headed to California to find out once and for all.

Getting packed and ready to go was all smiles for the kids. I guess even just the anticipation of seeing Mickey and the gang will make the young at heart beam with excitement. (Don't think they realize how long the drive is going to be)

The kids were doing all they could to contain their excitement as we entered the park and began to take in the surroundings.

Then it happened!!! We started riding the rides and seeing the stars and before we knew it everything was magical.



The kids even managed to enjoy themselves as we waited in the long lines. (why can't this happen at the grocery store?)

Inevitably; we did have a few tears and got a little tired, but we didn't give up on our quest to find the truth to the advertisement hype.


Is it truth or tale? I will whole heartily say TRUTH. Something about that place just makes everything wonderful. I think it must be the pixie dust spread around by Tinkerbell and her fairy friends.


Or maybe its being able to walk around with hearts and a fiery dragon painted on your face that makes everything seem magical.

I actually think the real reason for making Disneyland the happiest place on earth is that families are together and everyone feels carefree. I kinda wish I could bottle some of the magic and excitement up to bring home.


We also went to the beach and had an awesome day. Loved being able to let my kids roll around in the sand without any worries of it being tracked into my house.

13 comments:

Trevor and Katie said...

It looks like it was so much fun! I always loved going to Disneyland as a kid. The beach looks awesome too.

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

What a fun trip! We really need to get there before this baby comes but doubt that it will happen. Looks like you guys had a time.

The Bundys said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! My boys keep asking when we can go. I am not ready to drag a one year old around the place though...poor boys!

Melissa (Wallick) Larson said...

Cute pictures Mandy. It is definately a Magical place for the young kids.

jaesi said...

Dont forget the intoxicating smell of fresh waffle cones down main street!
Oh Im soooo jealous! Disney is seriously magical. And you are right...people are there together having fun is what makes it great. Also the super clean park and awesome staff doesnt hurt either :)

Talen and Amber said...

I'm sad we didn't get to go with you guys...maybe the next time around! I'm glad you had such a good trip!

shaunelle said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. I am glad that the kids did well in all the lines and on the car rides their and back.

Abby Sue said...

So fun, I can still remember going as a kid and loving every minute of it. Im glad that you had such a great time.

brandonandstephaniegoble.blogspot.com said...

Such cute pictures of your kids..looks like you got to see a lot of the characters. I agree it really is the happiest place on earth. Glad you all had a good time!

Lyndy Staheli said...

That's so fun you guys were able to go down. I always loved to go as a kid. The beach looks so fun too. Glad you had so much fun.

The Bundy Family said...

I am totally with you. There is something magical about that place. What could end the trip better than rolling around in the sand, on the beach. Looks like you all had a great time. I always worry about the lines, but it doesn't seem to matter that much once you are there. Fun family!

Staci said...

How fun! I bet your cute little ones are still talking about it. We are going down in a few weeks. Chandler is so excited. I am so excited for him. It really is so magically and much more fun with kids to share the experience with.

Oh, and thanks again for giving our chickies a home. My boys had such a fun day dropping them off and seeing all of the other animals. Chandler talked about 'the farm' for days.

Tonya and Keith Pate said...

Looks like you all had such a great time. I can't wait to take my kids.