Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tooth Fairy Visit

A monumental thing happened at our house a couple of weeks ago. Ashten lost her first tooth! We all have waited for this day for a very long time. All our kids were late teethers, so we weren't surprised when she was the only one in her kindergarten and 1st grade classes to not loose any teeth. It was a very stressful thing for her to be the only one the tooth fairy hadn't visited yet. When she showed me her loose tooth on Valentine's day, I was so excited that I started screaming and jumping up and down. I felt like it was just as big a deal for me as for her.

That night we went to my parent's house to do our Valentines activities, and everyone wanted to "help" get her tooth out. Poor girl had her dad, grandpa, and two uncles conspiring against her to get it out. It was a very dramatic thing, where all the younger cousins watched with huge concern. I think they were a little traumatized.

After a while Ashten wouldn't let anyone's hand in her mouth, except her own. When she was wiggling it, grandpa scared her, causing her to jerk her hand away and take her tooth with it. There was so much yelling and excitement that baby Addison started screaming too. Ashten is the first grandchild to lose a tooth, so everyone was super excited for her.

Ashten losing her tooth added to the fun and excitement of Valentine's day. I tried to tell her how neat it was for her to get to share her experience with almost all of her family. I hope she will always remember the fun story of losing her 1st tooth. *I made this little pillow months ago in anticipation of our tooth fairy visit. It has a little pocket to put the tooth while you sleep, until the tooth fairy comes and trades it for money.

2 comments:

Lyndy Staheli said...

What a fun way to lose her first tooth. The pillow is such a cute idea. I'll have to remember that for Mason and Davis.

Brittney said...

she is one of my favorite kids. I love Ashten! How fun for her to lose a tooth finally :)