Sunday, August 19, 2007

County Fair

Jared's grandparents live in Wayne County, UT so we went up there for the weekend to their county fair. You know that it is a small place when it is referred to as the whole county instead of just the town's name. About 10 minutes after we got there, Treyson got bumped in the eye and it instantly turned black and blue. We had to take pics of his first black eye.

We went to the parade with all of the little cousin and had such a good time. Jared told Ashten that if she waved to the people, they would throw candy to her, so she practically was waving the whole time. The only problem was that Ashten hates loud noises, so when the firetrucks went by with their sirens on, she screamed. But through the sreaming she still managed to wave. It was so sad.

I have never been to a parade where the floats went down the street and turned around and came back up, throwing candy the whole time. We got so much. We put the kids on rations, and they still haven't come down from their sugar high.
We had so much fun all weekend. It is so nice to spend time in small towns where time seems to go by so slowly. The kids went on motorcycle rides, ate vegies straight out of the garden, and feed the sheep in the field next to the house. I wouldn't be suprised if the sheep had belly aches from all of the apples that were thrown over the fence to them.



5 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

What a fun weekend! it looks like your kids had a great time. I don't know why I have today off? But I will see you on Thursday. I'm glad you like the new layout--it took me forever and my whole blog got ruined so I've been working all day to try to fix it. Oh well!

The Bundys said...

What a fun time! I love little towns like that....hence the reason i will end up in the smallest hicky-ist town in the world eventully. And didnt crystal live in Wayne County??

Unknown said...

Yes I did come from good ol' wayne! And my friend Tiffany from there (if you guys remember her) she actually was at that fair as well! How fun!

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

Hey thanks for the comments! I love Ashten's picture. I can't believe we have such big girls! We need to go to the splash pads together soon. We will plan a time tomorrow at work. Can't wait!!!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Love the new layout! I was going to change mine today and I almost used this one! Good thing I didn't.