Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm a...

Boy!!! The end to pregnancy number three is finally here, thank goodness. Now bring on the healing process. Traxton Les Taylor (Les after my grandpa, Lester) was born at 5:17 p.m. and weighed 7lbs 13 oz and 20 inches long. I was scheduled to be induced today, so this morning we came in and they started the pitocin at about 8:00. My contractions came on pretty steady and hard so we got an epidural at 12:00. I was really nervous about getting one this time because with Treyson it didn't work and I never fully got relief. I even apologized to the anesthesiologist before hand just in case I called him some bad names like I did last time. Well the epidural worked wonderfully and I felt great. I just wasn't really progressing very fast. At 3:00 I was still dilated to only a four so they turned the pitocin up and rolled me on to my other side. The combination of the two must have been the trick because an hour later I was at an eight. It didn't seem long at all before he was here. I only had to push about five times and because of my wonderful epidural I didn't suffer through delivery. Not only am I grateful because of the physical relief that it brought me, but with my last one I didn't really hold him and enjoy him after birth because I hurt too bad. This time I was able to focus on my new little one instead of the doctor stitching up my 2nd degree tear. Now we are just hanging out and loving our new addition. His older siblings already have loved him about to death. Ashten is even okay with having another boy. I was pretty nervous with how she was going to handle it. Thanks for all of your support and concern. We are both doing well and can't wait to go home.

15 comments:

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Yeah!! Congratulations, Mandy. He looks beautiful. And by the way, are you posting this from the hospital?!

Staci said...

I am so happy for you. Glad to hear everything went well. He sure is sweet! Good look recovering. Can't wait to see more pics.

jaesi said...

Oh yay congrats!!! how wonderful to have HIM here!
I was way off :)
Im so happy for you family and glad to hear it all went awesome.

Chelsea Johnson said...

Congrats!!!! I am so happy and excited for you! We want to come see you today on our lunch break, so we'll call you soon.

He is seriously adorable! I'm glad everyting went so well and you were able to enjoy it!

Kristen said...

Congratulations! How exciting. I'm glad that everything went well for you with your delivery and it wasn't bad experience. You look beautiful in all the pictures!

Good luck adjusting to three!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! A BOY! That is great! I am glad that things went well. Thank goodness for modern day medicine huh? Wow! It almost makes me baby hungry again!

Kourtney said...

I'm so excited for you! I'm glad everything went well and that Ashten is ok with a 'him' instead of a 'her'!!

Jamie W said...

Congratulations! He looks adorable and you look great in your pics!

Talen and Amber said...

Good work...another cute little boy! He is a doll! I'm so glad that Boston is going to have a buddy now. Hooray for the pregnancy being over, huh?!? Congrats!!

Stacy and Mike said...

Congratulations!!!!! What an adorable little guy, and I am so glad everything went well for you so you could enjoy the moment more. Good luck with three, hope the adjustment goes smoothly!

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

I am so glad that the epidural worked for you this time. Isn't it amazing how much better the whole labor goes when drugs actually work!! I would love to come and visit but I will give you a few days to get home and comfortable!! I'm glad Ashton isn't disappointed in having another brother. You look awesome by the way and I only wish I looked so good after having a baby. He is adorable and I can't wait to see him!!

Kathy Twitchell said...

Oh congrats!!! What a cute name!! He looks so healthy! I am sure you will have your hands full with three little ones now! I hear 3 is a big change from 2! Well happy healing!

Libby said...

Congrats Mandy! I am so glad everything went smoothly and the epidural was a good one this time! It takes me forever to get to a four as well, but once I do, I always have the baby with in the hour! So your delivery sounded like my normal deliveries. :)

Traxton looks so cute and you look fabulous in the pictures as well! Congrats again.

brandonandstephaniegoble.blogspot.com said...

Hip-hip-hooray i'm so happy your new addition is here. He is so adorable. Glad everything went so well. Enjoy-enjoy-enjoy because it goes by so fast.

Lyndy Staheli said...

Congratulations Mandy. He sure is cute. Wow I don't know how Katie and I can keep up with all of you guys.
With the score being 3 1/2 to 7 we definitely have a long way to go.