Thursday, July 17, 2008

Our little "Chunk"

I am so excited to post that Traxton has gained weight in the past week. I took him back into the doctor's office the other day to weigh him again and now he weighs 8lb 2 oz. I was so excited that I couldn't stop smiling. I also felt so relieved to know that there wasn't something wrong with him which was inhibiting him from gaining weight. I think a big part of his weight gain has been because I started pumping and feeding him from a bottle so that we could keep track of how much he eats. It totally sucks to have to pump so much, but I like knowing how much he is eating.

I have a lot of people ask me about his ears and if I think that he is hearing anything yet. I cannot tell you how grateful I am for every one's concern. I'm still not exactly sure if I think he can hear yet. Some days he will totally respond to my voice and even open his eyes when I start talking to him, but other times when there is a loud noise he won't do anything. I do feel like he is responding better than he did at first so maybe it is the fluid that has caused the problem and it is slowly draining out. The doctors just keep telling me that we won't know anything for sure until more time has gone by. It is frustrating to hear that, but at least lately I feel like it is getting better. We will just keep praying that it will correct itself on its own.

14 comments:

Staci said...

Oh yeah! I am so glad to hear that he is gaining and doing well. He sure is a cutie! How are you adjusting to three? I hear that is the hardest. I am already so baby hungry, but at the same time I don't feel like I am the best mom I can be to the two that I already have. I hope you are all doing well with it.

Chelsea Johnson said...

I love that little "chunk!" I know how worried and stressed you've been, so its good to know he's doing better!

Lyndy Staheli said...

I am glad to hear that your little man is gaining weight.

MCKALA said...

what a cute little guy.. im glad that everthing is going well. good luck with everthing..

shaunelle said...

I can't believe that he is getting bigger. he is such a cute little man. I am very happy that he is finally gaining weight.

Trevor and Katie said...

He is so cute. I hope everything keeps going well.

Find The Time Mama said...

Mandy,

He is so adorable!

Elisa said...

Congrats on your new little guy! He's a cutie and I'm really glad he's doing well.

McKean Family said...

I know how you feel about pumping, after cooper eats i pump, to try and have enough milk to go back to work! he is so cute, all your kids are cute!!!!

Kourtney said...

I'm so glad he is doing better and you are feeling better about things. He is so adorable!

Libby said...

I am so glad I finally got to see the little guy at the reception. He is so darling and soft! I wish I could have stayed and held him but I had been there so long already and just really wanted to go home to the fam.

I'm glad he is gaining weight. That is great news. One less thing to worry about! Sorry you have to pump...you are a great mom to do that!

Stacy and Mike said...

Awwwe what a handsomed little guy! So happy to hear all is well and that he's doing better and gaining weight...and yeah, pumping sucked...literally...you are a trooper to keep doing it! What a good mom! Hope everything keeps going well for you guys.

Unknown said...

I had the same weight gain stress with Carter. It is so hard! He is still less than the 5th percentile, but atleast he is on the charts cause for the longest time I had to take him every few weeks for weight checks cause he was so low. It eventually got so I didn't stress as much cause he was healthy, happy, and thriving in everything else, so I just had to forget the charts and remember that mothers know best. Hopefully he will keep gaining now, but try not to stress, everything will be fine! He is darling!

Jana said...

Mandy, he is adorable, you're so lucky to be a mother. I hope you're enjoying your maternity leave as much as I'm enjoying mine.