Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Home at Last

Traxton was finally released from the hospital yesterday. He hadn't had a fever since Friday and nothing had grown out on the cultures, so we were kicked out. As we left the hospital, I realized that Traxton and I hadn't been outside for six days. We caught a flight and were home in less than an hour. Traxton couldn't decide what he thought about our ride home. He was really excited until take off, then he turned very serious and wouldn't talk at all. Once we landed, he became happy again. He had a weeks worth of energy saved up and pretty much let it go at the airport. People were staring, but I didn't care. I knew how much he needed to run around.
It was so good to be home and see our family. They picked us up with balloons and flowers at the airport. It was a sweet reunion.

Traxton's head is still swollen, but they told me it probably would be for a while. He is not suppose to wear his processor on that side because of the swelling, which makes me a little sad. He has to take antibiotics twice a day for three weeks to clear up all the infection. Other than the large bump on the side of his head, he is completely fine. It has been so fun to watch the kids play with him. Treyson and Traxton have been pretty much inseparable. I can tell that they really have missed each other.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea! Can't wait to see you both. Love, Aung Margie

Abby Sue said...

I am so glad you guys are home. I hope he recovers well. The picture of him looking out the window is so cute.

shaunelle said...

What a cute little guy!! I love his personality!!!! Glad you guys made it home.

brandonandstephaniegoble.blogspot.com said...

So so so glad to hear you are both home. I bet that was the longest 6days for both of you. He sure is a cute little man! Take care

The Bundy Family said...

Oh my goodness. Poor little buddy. Man he really is a trooper, and you are such a strong woman. My heart breaks for you and also becomes so excited as I read updates. I am so glad that he is okay and you caught it before he became septic. That is way scary. My mom works for IHC and converts Primary Children's records. She is always telling me about how she thinks it is such a great hospital. I am glad that though you were in the hospital it was good care. Good Luck! I am so sure it feels good to be home together as a family. Cute little guy.

Jamie W said...

Wow! Not a fun week you guys have had. Glad you are home now and that his implant didn't have to be removed!