Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hospital update # 5

I know I have said this before, but we are hoping to get released tomorrow. Traxton hasn't had a fever since Friday and his lab values all look really good. The only thing that hasn't come back is the cultures they took yesterday from the fluid on his head. The infection control doctors have been involved with his case and are saying if nothing grows on the culture, we can go home with oral antibiotics. If something grows out, they will place a picc line for him to continue the IV doses. We should know more in the morning.

Today was another rough day for me. For some reason I couldn't stop crying. Traxton and I went to sacrament meeting here at the hospital, and I think everyone was wondering what was wrong with me. I think being here for a week has really started to wear on me and having Jared leave was a lot harder than I thought it would be. He always holds me together. Every time I start to struggle and ask why we have to deal with one thing or another, he simply says, "because we can". He always helps put things into perspective.

Traxton is getting irritable with being here too. He has turned into a little diva. He won't do anything by himself and quite likes being waited on. I can't wait to fix that one when we get home. He has gotten a lot better with the nurses. He doesn't cry when they take his vitals anymore, but he still doesn't like when the IV is started. The only thing that makes it easier for him is the warm packs. We spend most of our time walking the halls and playing in the playrooms. Even that is getting a little old for both of us. I really hope this is our last night. I love my little man, but I am getting quite sick of being kicked in the back all night. We have to go visit these fish about 5 times a day. He loves them.

2 comments:

Talen and Amber said...

I can't even imagine what a long week it's been for you guys! We hope you can come home soon!!

Unknown said...

My prayers and thought are with you both. Love, Aunt Margie