Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Quarantine List

I feel like there should be a quarantine list posted to our door. I had to work last night, and while I was there Jared called and said he thought Ashten had a ear infection. She had been screaming for a while and complaining about one of her ears. Tylenol helped a little, but I decided he should bring her in to have it looked at while I was there anyways. We didn't want the Tylenol to wear off in the middle of the night, cause then we would have to make an official ER visist instead of the "unofficial" visit we could do with me there. Anyways, Jared brought her in and a PA looked in her ears and gave us a Rx for an antibiotic. When they left me I thought all would be well. Well, when I got home at 12:30, I checked on the kids and found Treyson in bed burning up. He was so hot it was uncomfortable for me to have him next to my chest. I took his temp and it was almost 102. So I gave him some Motrin and rocked him for a while to make sure he started to cool off. He finally did. When I made my way to my own room to climb into bed, I found Jared in a big heap underneath all of the covers. He was dressed in a t-shirt and pj pant, which is not normal for him at all, and said that he was still freazing. I wanted to die. Everyone in my family was sick in one was or another. Well lets just say it was not the best nights sleep of my life. One of my kids woke up pretty much every hour of so, and I wanted to sweat to death. There were so many covers. Now that it is day time everyone seems to be feeling a little better, but I really hope we don't have a repeat performance tonight!!!

8 comments:

jaesi said...

Oh man....I feel for you.
If you all are feeling better tomorrow you should come to the park! 11:30 in the fields
Where do you work?

The Bundys said...

I hate nights like that! i hope everyone gets feeling better and hopefully you dont get any of it.
So I really am coming down on tuesday or wednesday of next week...lets plan something with you me trish and mckala! What day works for you??

Brittney said...

That does not sound like fun. I hope that you dont get sick either. However, you exhibited some wonderful mother skills that I will have to remember for myself. Hope the rest of your nights are peaceful.

Mandy said...

Jaesi, I work at the hospital as an x-ray tech. I only work 2 times a week from 3:30-12:00.

Mandy said...

Meg; I can't wait for you to come down. I work on Mon & Thur in the afternoons so I can't do it then, and Ashten has preschool on Tue & Thur from 9-11, so any other time.

Chelsea Johnson said...

What a night!!! I feel so bad for you that everyone is sick!!! Hopefully you won't get it either.

Stacy and Mike said...

bummer Mandy, I can totally relate, it seems when one gets sick they all do and you are the one who gets to cater to them all, it beats being sick though!! You're a great mom, good luck with tonight, I'm glad they are all feeling a little better!

Kristen said...

Yuck - we got hit by a cold bug here too and it was pretty bad! Hope you guys are feeling better!