Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Skydiving

For my 30th birthday I wanted to do something BIG.  I decided that would be going skydiving.  I have never wanted to jump out of an airplane before, but it seemed like the perfect thing to do.  When I mentioned my idea to my family, I was surprised to find out that others wanted to join me.  My mom, Talen and Trumbull all wanted to take the big jump too.  We headed to Mesquite, NV and spent the morning riding up in the small plane and then floating back to the ground.  It was such an awesome experience.  I loved every minute of it.  I was prepared with anti-anxiety meds, but didn't even need to take them. 
 
  All dressed and ready to get started.
 
Going over the preflight instructions.
 
 Being strapped to a complete stranger made the plane ride a little awkward. 

 No turning back now.
 
 Coasting back to the ground.

 
 Perfect landing!
 
 Feeling great about the jump.
 
 Mom dressed and ready for her big jump.
 
 Talen getting fitted in his jumping gear.
 
 Trumbull loving his first skydiving trip.

No comments: